Earth Day 2013 is just around the corner. Since 1970, it has been celebrated every 22nd of April, and it continues to gain momentum with each year passing.
We, as inhabitants, have become more conscious of what actions are detrimental to our Earth and continue to make strides to correct them. In addition, we realize that our Earth-loving efforts should not only be practiced just one day a year, but that it indeed implies an every-day, life-time commitment.
Here are some simple suggestions that can be put into action right now, today, to help Earth continue to provide us with a hospitable place where to live and raise our children:
- Plant a tree – Did you know that a single tree absorbs up to 48 pounds of CO2, and provides enough oxygen for two people?
- Share a ride – By sharing a car ride with someone else or by taking public transportation, you reduce the amount of carbon dioxide that goes into the atmosphere.
- Upcycle – By giving older furniture, clothing or accessories a new look, you can recycle in a creative way.
- Use Cloth – By using reusable cloth napkins instead of paper napkins, you can help keep our forests stay forested.
- Implement a Smart Office – By using recycled paper and remanufactured and refilled ink and toner cartridges, you contribute to greatly decreasing what goes into landfills.
Collective small actions can go a long way. At Cartridge World Wheaton, Downers Grove and Bloomingdale, we are happy to be a contributor and are glad to work alongside with you to preserve Mother Earth.
Make it a Happy Earth Year!