With the current state of our economy we are all looking for ways to extend the life of the products we use. Ink toner cartridges are no exception. Although it is relatively cheap to buy a printer, we all know that the cost of replacing the ink toner cartridges for that printer can be expensive. Using the cartridge until it is completely empty runs the risk of burning out the printer. So here are some tips for extending the life of your refilled ink cartridge from Cartridge World.
* Clean the print head by using the print head cleaning feature on your printer when you start to see lines or dots forming on your text or graphics. (Refer to the owner’s manual)
* Do not store new or refilled cartridges for an indefinite time period. Storing a cartridge for an extended length of time runs the risk of the ink drying out.
* Store color cartridges up right to avoid colors cross contaminating.
* Do not expose the cartridge to extreme heat as it can cause the ink to expand and leak.
* Print at two copies of test pages when installing a new or refilled cartridge to make sure the cartridge is settled in correctly.
* Use a lower print quality setting on non-important documents. This will use less ink thereby extending the use of the ink cartridge.
* Use the preview feature on your computer. This will allow you to catch mistakes in your document before printing.
* Be discriminating in your printing. With new technology it is easy to store documents on CDs and in the ‘cloud’. Be sure that you actually need a paper copy before printing.
Being wise in the use of your printing is the best way to extend the life of your ink cartridge. Come into Cartridge World when you need to refill or replace your cartridges.